A Beautiful City in China
In China, there's a saying that "The landscape of Guilin tops that of any other place under heaven." In light of this, I will recommend Guilin as the first destination of my foreign friend's trip to China.
Overlooking the Li Jiang River, Guilin is located in the northeast of Guangxi. The name was derived from the cassia trees of the location. The trees line the streets of the town with yellow flowers blossoming every September, filling the air with sweet scent.
Guilin is a place of breath-taking scenery. From ancient times, Guilin has been noted for its elegant landscape. It features beautiful mountains, clear rivers, grotesque rocks and mystic crags, which is a feast for the eyes. Sitting on a bamboo raft drifting down the river, visitors can see the varied shapes of the pinnacles reflected in the water. They will feel as if they were in a scroll of Chinese landscape painting.
I believe that my foreign friend will marvel at the unparalleled beauty of Guilin.
1.B Use a ladder to help her reach the tea.
2. D Outside an gallery art.
3.D New students usually cannot offer a fair evaluation.
4.C Doris fixed up some of the bookshelves.
5.D He has found a better position.
6.A They should finish the book as soon as possible.
7.D The furniture the man bought is inexpensive.
8.B The woman is waiting for the call.
9. A She had a job interview to attend
10. C Submit her roommate's assignment
11. A Where Dr. Ellis's office is located
12. C He can handle it quite well
13. B The 6:30 one
14. C The time on the train is enjoyable
15. A Reading newspapers.
16. D Get key information by reading just once or twice
17. A Choose one's own system of marking
18. B By reviewing only the marked parts.
19. D Everybody needs some sleep for survival.
20. C It is a rare exception
21. B His mother's injury just before his birth.
22. C She developed a strong interest in finance
23. D She inherited a big fortune from her father
24. A She was extremely mean with her money
25. B She built a hospital with her mother's money
Section C: 复合式听写：
28. back and forth
31. referring to
32. parallel to
34. at the right angle
36 I melted
37 G line
38 A appealing
39 k ranging
40 D dramatic
41 F impact
长篇阅读：The End of the Book
56. B The humanities and STEM subjects should be given equal importance.
57. D Their chances of getting a good job.
58. A They benefit students in their future life.
59. D Those who have received a well-rounded education.
60. C Prepare themselves for different job options.
61. A It sounds very attractive.
62. D They cause serious damage to the environment.
63. C It wants to keep its own environment intact.
64. B It improves economic efficiency.
65. A To justify America's dependence on oil imports.
In order to promote equality in education, China has already invested 36 billion yuan into improving educational facilities in rural areas and strengthening compulsory education in central and western areas. These funds are used to improve teaching facilities and purchase books, benefiting more than 160,000 primary and secondary schools. The funds are also used for the purchase of musical instruments and painting equipments, thus children in rural and mountainous areas now are able to enjoy the same music and painting lessons as those living in coastal cities. As a result, some students who have transferred to schools in cities for better education are now back to their local schools.