2018-12-17 15:04 网络
1. C) Set up a mobile phone network on the moon.
2. A) It is stable.
3. B) No injuries were yet reported.
4. B) Pull down the deserted shopping mall.
5. D) Insufficient potato supply.
6. C) It is afraid of the spread of disease.
7. A) Global warming.
8. C) Dull
9. D) she takes notes
10. A) it keeps her mind active
11. B) it helps her better remember what she learns.
12. A) To spend her honeymoon.
13. A) In memory of a princess.
14. D) It has walls decorated with jewels.
15. B) They are mostly crowded.
16. C) They provide residents with the resources they need.
17. B) By inspiring their creativity.
18. D) Their number increased modestly.
19. C) It is an unusual cross breed.
20. A) They are as loyal as dogs.
21. C) They shower with them
22. D) Excited but somewhat sad.
23. D) It starts the moment they are born.
24. D) Set a good example for them to follow.
25. B) Their home life.
26-30 F B M D G
31-35 E H K I O
36-40 D B G A I
41-45 F C J E G
46-50 B B A D C
46. B) By drawing water from the depths of the earth.
47. B) It was not considered worth the expense.
48. A) The sinking of land surface.
49. D) They provide a steady supply of freshwater.
50. C) The cost may go up due to desalination.
Passage Two—The AlphaGo program's victory……
51-55 D C B A C
51. D) Computers can become highly intelligent.
52. C) They make sensible decisions when facing moral dilemmas.
53. B) How to ensure that super-intelligent AI machines act ethically.
54. A) She could not distinguish good from bad.
55. C) It will prove to be asset to human beings.
Due to the rapid development of communication network, China's smartphone users are growing at an amazing speed in recent years. This has greatly changed the way many people read. They often read news and articles on their smart phones instead of buying traditional newspapers or magazines.
The development of numerous mobile apps has enabled people to read novels and other forms of literature on their phones. As a result, sales of printing books have been affected negatively. Despite steady growth in the smartphone reading market, however, more than half of the adults still prefer printing books, according to the survey.
The challenges of living in a big city
Nowadays， instead of rushing into big cities as many graduates did in previous years， an increasing number of college students choose to work in small cities after graduation. As far as I am concerned， this phenomenon results from a series of reasons.
In the first place, the life and working pressure in big cities is much heavier than that in small cities. For a college graduate， it would take more efforts to make a living in big cities， not to mention living comfortably. For example, the housing price in big cities may be several times of that in small cities.
So is the consumption level. What's more, it usually takes more years for us to get success in big cities. In the second place, many college graduates choose to work in small cities for the more comfortable environment. Living style in small cities is usually much simpler than that in big cities， which is preferable for those who want to lead a simple life.
When deciding whether to work in big cities or in small ones， I would prefer the latter， since life in small cities is more comfortable for its simplicity.
1. A) A man was pulled to safety after a building collapse.
2. C) He was collecting building materials.
3. B) Change British people’s negative view of math.
4. D) Primary school teachers understand basic maths concepts.
5. D) He held a part-time job for over 20 years.
6. B) He can change his focus of attention.
7. C) They rarely recognized him.
8. D) They saw a business opportunity there.
9. A) Provide foreign investment to expand business.
10. C) They all come from Romania.
11. B) Throughout the world.
12. B) Try out a new restaurant together in town.
13. D) It provides information on local events.
14. C) They go to eat at different stylish restaurants.
15. B) This year’s Restaurant Week will start soon.
16. B) Exposing them to vegetables repeatedly.
17. A) They were disliked most by children.
18. B) Children’s eating habits can be changed.
19. D) A lot of garbage has been left on the moon.
20. A) It is costly to bring back.
21. C) Study the effect of radiation and vacuum on its materials.
22. A) It is likely to remain a means of business communication.
23. B) Make a timely response.
24. C) It requires no reply.
25. D) Avoid using capitals for emphasis.
Have you ever used email……
26-30 N B F L C
31-35 E M K G A
26. N) warning
27. B) convenience
28. F) particularly
29. L) surveyed
30. C) effectively
31. E) intimate
32. M) unfriendly
33. K) specific
34. G) primary
35. A) avoid
How a Poor, Abandoned Parisian Boy Became a Top Chef
The busy streets in Paris were……
36-40 G M F C E
41-45 D A H K B
Passage One—Roughly the size……
46. A) The security camera installed may intrude into their privacy.
47. D) Etiquette around home security cameras.
48. C) Likes and dislikes of individuals.
49. A) Making their guests feel at ease.
50. B) It can prove their innocence.
Passage Two—PepsiCo is to spend……
51-55 C D A C B
51. C) To satisfy the growing needs for healthy foods.
52. D) Keep on improving its products.
53. A) To ensure the company’s future development.
54. C）It is attributable to people's changed lifestyles.
55. B) Increasing its research funding.
More and more Chinese people really cannot live without mobile phones now. Many of them, including elder people, use apps to keep in touch with each other and broaden their circle of friends. They also shop and look up information on mobile phones, because mobile phones are easy to take. In addition, using mobile apps to communicate is cheaper than using traditional phones.
However, this new trend has led people to rely too much on mobile phones on social occasions. In fact, some young people have become so addicted that they neglect face-to-face communication with their family and friends.
The challenges of studying abroad
Nowadays a lot of college graduates choose to study abroad instead of studying home for their further education, although they will definitely face all kinds of pressure. If I were one of them, I would choose to study abroad, which is my childhood dream.
First of all, it is a fact that when we stay overseas, we have to rely on ourselves to solve whatever problem we may encounter. But stress makes people strong, and studying abroad can foster our self-dependence. Such self-dependence is beneficial to us in the future.
Secondly, although there are many concerns about studying abroad, such as safety, we can ensure our safety if we take proper precautions. Last but not least, when we study abroad, we can make friends with people from different cultures and learn about other lifestyles. It will help cultivate a global point of view, which is very important in this era.
To sum up, despite the pressure, studying abroad can benefit us a lot. After carefully weighing the advantages against the disadvantages of studying abroad, I still consider it a preferential choice.
A few months ago……
26-30 I D H C O
31-35 B J G L E
26. I) remedies
27. D) inconvenience
28. H) recommended
29. C) hesitant
30. O) worse
31. B) experiences
32. J) scared
33. G) pressured
34. L) sink
35. E) lessen
Is it really OK to eat food that’s fallen on the floor?
When you drop……
36-40 F H L E A
41-45 N M D K H
Passage One—The latest in cat research
46-50 C C A A B
46. C) They have a natural ability to locate animals they hunt.
47. C) Their special ability to perceive.
48. A) They depend on their instincts.
49. A) They focus on what appears odd.
50. B) They interact with the physical world much like humans.
Passage Two—Imagine you enter a car
51-55 A A D A C
51. A) People would be driving in a more civilized way.
52. A) They could enjoy greater mobility.
53. D) Numerous professional drivers would have to find new ways of earning a living.
54. A) Political dissatisfaction.
55. C) Enable everyone to benefit from new technologies.
In the past few years, the mobile payment market has been booming in China. With the emergence of mobile Internet, shopping on the phone has gradually become a trend. Young people aged 18 to 30 make up the largest group of the mobile payment market. Since it is now so easy to pay by mobile phone, many consumers would rather pay by mobile phone than by cash or credit card when shopping.
To encourage more consumption, many stores offer discounts to customers who use mobile payments. Experts predict that China's mobile payment market still has great developing potential in the future.
The challenges of starting a career after graduation
With the fierce competition in the job market, graduates may be confronted with great difficulties in their jobs as a novice.
In the first place, most graduate don’t master the professional skills, and thus they may encounter the challenge of being not competent for the job. Their focus of attention at university was on passing various exams. So being unable to apply what they have learned in textbooks to practice is the most important factor influencing their work efficiency.
Secondly, how to get well along with their colleagues is another problem that they need to cope with. According to statistics, good interpersonal relationships can promote the process of information exchange and sharing between people, and improve the chance of success in your work.
As we can see, most students have to face the challenge of social jobs as soon as they graduate from college, so ability in motivated study will become more and more important in their work.